Wednesday 17 May 2017

Rodrigo's Paella

Summer and sun? – Check!
Lot’s of food? – Check!
Some drinks? – Check!
Crazy? – Check!
So far it has been a lovely summer with a fair share of sun, lot’s of food and some drinks. You can call me crazy for various known and unknown reasons. I leave that up to you, but for today, you can call me Rodrigo.
So, make sure to keep that in mind. I settled with a friend on that and he tries to call me Rodrigo. Since we have established that, we can go on with some food.
However, before we get to that, we need something else.
Spanish music? – Check!
These days with all those music streaming services and Internet radios, it’s not that complicated.
Now playing: Amistades Peligrosas – Me Quedaré Solo
Well, I don’t know about that, but I’m not sure whether I like that message. Anyway, that isn’t the subject of this post nor of this blog. I don’t want to get that personal here.
Calling back to mind what we want here now: Food.
Therefore I bring you now Rodrigo’s Paella …

You still remember, who Rodrigo is, don’t you? No Dices Más. Well, that is fitting now and the song that is playing right now: Moenia – No Dices Más.
Right, you don’t have to say anything as we start finally
Ingredients:
Olive oil
2 small chorizos
350 g chicken breast
100 g duck breast (optional, it was a leftover)
100 g shrimps
100 g mussels (ready to eat)
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
150 g cherry tomatoes
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
Salt
Pepper
Paprika powder (mild)
3 cups of rice
2 bay leaves
700 ml chicken stock
Pinch of saffron
Method:
Put a large pan on heat and add some olive oil.
Get a sharp knife to do all the cutting. Make sure it’s really sharp, so you get a clear cut in case you should cut yourself … oops … I didn’t mean it. I am sure, you can get through the recipe without cutting yourself. Anyway, I heard you cut yourself more often, when the knife is too dull. So it’s better to use a sharp knife, that does its job properly.
Now we go on with doing our job properly.
Cut the chorizo into small pieces and add it to the pan. Cut the chicken breast (and duck breast) into small chunks and brown them together in the pan with the chorizo. When it all has gained some good colour remove all the meat from the pan and set aside.
Finely chop up the onions and fry them in the pan until translucent. Chop up the garlic and add it, too.
Then quarter the tomatoes and put into the pan.
Cut the bell peppers into mouth-manageable size and add them to the pan as well.
Season everything with salt, pepper and the paprika powder.
Afterwards add the rice and the chicken stock. Add the meat back again as well. Add also 2 bay leaves and the pinch of saffron.
Let it all simmer until the rice is cooked. If you feel, the paella gets too dry, add a tiny bit of water.

Almost there! At the end add the shrimps and the mussels and heat them up. That shouldn’t take too long.
Now you are ready to plate up and enjoy Rodrigo’s Paella.
Well, I am not 100% sure whether that is a typical paella for I have never eaten paella in Spain – or at least I don’t remember. I have to put it on my list I want to do. Argh, that list is too long anyway. I also have a kind of list or better say a pile of papers of recipes I still could post. There are 11 papers and I don’t know how to manage. Anyway, you might see some of those things on this blog one day, so make sure to come back.
First, though, have some more paella and, if you like a bottle of beer with it. For sure there are more days coming to enjoy and … if I am able to put my eyes on a computer screen again – besides work – I will write you something more.
Well then, see you, when I see you. Next time I may be Chris again and not Rodrigo anymore. We will see ... 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rodrigo. Thanks for made me wander around the world in a jiffy. The paella looks mouthwatering and no doubt the ingredients are full of nutrition. Thanks for sharing. Happy cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, that looks mouth watering and worth trying. Thanks for sharing recipe here, need to get the ingredients soon and try this out.

    ReplyDelete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.